ECO - STATION
FUNCTIONS OF THE ECO-STATION
• conducting primary cataloging of biodiversity, creating local biodiversity databases, identifying the main processes and interrelationships between biodiversity and humans, identifying areas for further monitoring, identifying biodiversity threat factors and developing strategies to address them;
• research on climate change, anthropogenic activities, and the impact of these processes on Ukrainian ecosystems;
• conducting scientific experiments, developing and testing nature-based solutions;
• publishing scientific reports on the state of biodiversity and natural resources of certain territories;
• holding scientific events and conferences, discussing urgent problems of biodiversity and environmental protection, organizing scientific research and expeditions;
• organizing research expeditions and launching environmental projects aimed at protecting and preserving biodiversity in Ukraine and restoring wildlife. .
• prevention, reduction and elimination of the impact of hazardous biological factors on people, animals and the environment;
• prevention of degradation of biological diversity and, if necessary, preservation or restoration of the balance of various protected habitats (forests, rivers, ponds, parks or urban gardens), taking into account human activities;
• taking measures aimed at preventing the loss, theft or use for dangerous purposes of microorganisms, biological materials or information;
• preservation, protection and planting of trees and plants, as well as implementing measures aimed at preserving animals;
• development of effective alternative models of human life support systems (infrastructure) in the context of climate challenges and biodiversity loss;
• conservation, protection, restoration of forests and water resources, promotion of efficient use, rewilding plowed and inefficiently used lands, and reconstruction of species composition in local ecosystems.
• creating new and maintaining existing nature reserve sites, promoting the development of the nature reserve fund and environmental protection;
• information support and awareness raising about existing, endangered and rare species of animals, endemic cultivated plants and relict plants;
• raising environmental awareness and public awareness of the importance of biodiversity in human life and current environmental challenges.